Sunday, December 15, 2013

Becoming Me

Now, at the age of 23, I've decided to take a chance.  I want more out of life than the average woman my age.   I've never really shown an interest in any conventional career. I never wanted to be a nurse, lawyer, or teacher.  Because of this, I attempted college  and gave up. It just wasn't my thing.  I was horrible in some subjects and amazing in others. It didn't work out the way I hoped. Nothing caught my interest enough to give me the drive to succeed. I could never see myself doing something that I didn't absolutely love. So what is my love? I love all things fashion. I love the feeling you get when your outfit is perfect. The rush of confidence is exhilarating.  My favorite thing to do is to help someone else get that same feeling. Fashion is and always will be my first love. At the young age of 20, I began my first retail job. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. I stayed with the same bridal retailer for 2 and a half years.  It was a love/hate relationship. I wanted to work with every day fashion, not strictly bridal. I left  that position and began working as an assistant manager for a more mainstream clothing boutique. I think that I am on my way to where I want I be. This is why I am doing this blog. I would love to be a stylist one day. Not just for the love of fashion, but for the smile on someones face when they feel confident in what they are wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment